Clients and Projects
Coaching, Speaking, Workshops, Film Making, Podcasts, Interviews, Chairing, Producing
- Bristol University - Coaching delegates at Bristol Univerisity using Pecha Kucha training.
- Coaching the president of a large trade organisation for public speeches.
- Coaching of a London Mayoral candidate.
- EPSRC - Coaching the ICT pioneers for Engineering and Physical sciences research council (EPSRC).
- Delivering a workshop for a local council in communication skills.
- British Academy - Delivered a communication skills workshop for the British Academy's Newton Fellows.
- Leibnitz Institute - Speaker at Leibnitz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife researchers' Symposium in Berlin.
- Champalimaud Foundation - Speaker at the Champalimaud Foundation's Neuroscience researchers' retreat near Lisbon, Portugal.
- Famelab - Delivers Famelab workshops and masterclasses internationally.
- European Space Agency - Speaker at the European Space Agency DPAC conference in Leiden, Netherlands and delivered workshops in public communication skills.
- Mediterranean Science Festival - Delivered science communication workshop for the 1st Mediterranean Science Festival in Limassol, Cyprus.
- Max Debruck Insitute - Coaching delegates at the Max Debruck Institute, Berlin.
- Radio 2 - Coaching finalists in Radio 2’s‘talent hunt’ for ‘Pause For Thought’ contributors.
- Coached a CEO to present to a government select committee.
- British Council Bulgaria - Speaking about Religion and Science - Mapping the Conflict Zone at Sofia Science Festival
- Gulbenkian Foundation - Coached a group of academics at the Gulkbenkian Foundation in Lisbon in science communication.
- A CEO to strengthen communication in his skill set as a leader.
- The new President of a trade association to deliver his presidential speech.
- An MEP to strengthen his performance in broadcast interviews.
- A communications officer to produce better podcasts.
- Inspiring Australia - Malcolm was the guest speaker at ‘Inspiring Australia’ in Sydney.
- SCIPROM - Malcolm gave the keynote address at the first South Eastern European Science promotion Conference (SCIPROM) in Belgrade (sponsored by UNESCO).
- NASA - Ran 2 day master class workshops for NASA astrobiologists.
- Coached a political media strategist.
- Helped a group of engineers to create and deliver a show about engineering for the general public.
- Ran a communications workshop for a group of oceanographers in the Azores.
- Tyndall National Institute/British Council - Science Communication Workshop in Cork, Ireland
- Science Slam - Malcolm conducts media interviews and chairs events and recently was the MC at the First London ‘Science Slam’ in Camden, London.
- FENS - Created a series of films to celebrate the anniversary of the Federation of European Neurosciences.
- CERN - Malcolm delivers a regular programme of training in Geneva for the physicists and engineers who guide 90,000 visitors per year at the world’s largest experimental facility.
Scientifically Speaking – Malcolm delivered a programme of training run in several cities across the Island of Ireland, enabling researchers to communicate their research (and other topics that matter) with impact. Scientifically Speaking (PROBE) is a collaboration between Trinity College Dublin and Science Gallery Dublin in partnership with British Council, FameLab Ireland, NUI Galway, University College Cork, University of Limerick, Ulster University and Cork Discovers.
- NKI - the Netherlands Cancer Institute in Amsterdam - public communication skills workshops for PhD students
- Countercurrents Malcolm was interviewed for Countercurrents - A podcast for people who like the unexpected, by surgeon and academic Professor Roger Kneebone. Conversations "with unorthodox people whose careers defy traditional boundaries and who swim against the tide".
FENS FORUM 2020 – One of the largest conferences in the world to be held online - For Solid Gold Hat Ltd Malcolm produced half hour video podcasts of each day’s events and delivered talks and public engagement training events.
BESA - (Building and Engineering Services Association) – supporting officers, staff and incoming Presidents for key communication events.
British Council - European Researchers Night training (with British Council) in Split, Osijek, Rijeka and Zagreb
- British Academy – Malcolm delivers regular communication skills workshops for the British Academy's Newton Fellows
- Exeter University – Malcolm delivers regular media interview training for academics and university staff
- The Irish Journal - An article written for The Irish Journal, April 2020. 'This pandemic has taught us that science matters. In a sea of misinformation, communication is crucial'
- Science Festival Portugal -Malcolm will be involved with the first Science Festival in Portugal, Lisbon April 2021
- Scientifically Speaking Ireland 2020 - Malcolm will deliver a programme of training run in 6 cities across the Island of Ireland, enabling researchers to communicate their research (and other topics that matter) with impact, Belfast, Cork, Dublin, Dundalk, Limerick and Waterford. Due to the Covid 19 pandemic the workshops will be delivered virtually.